CAM Client Services
CAM focuses its efforts on helping families who have experienced an unexpected emergency which has resulted in a financial hardship. Each client will discuss their personal situation with a counselor who will assess their needs and determine the type of assistance that will best aid the family. Aid includes, but is not limited to, the following types of assistance:
- Rent or Mortgage CAM may pay a portion of a client’s current month rent or mortgage. The client is required to pay the balance of the amount due, or have a pledge for that amount, prior to CAM’s paying the pledged amount.
- Utilities CAM may pay a portion of the past due balance on a utility bill. The client is required to pay the balance of the amount past due, or have a pledge for that amount, prior to CAM’s paying the pledged amount.
- Food CAM may provide food and/or toiletries from the CAM Food Pantry.
- Clothing CAM may provide a clothing voucher to be used at Angels’ Attic, CAM’s resale store. This enables the client to select clothing for themselves and their family members.
- Household Goods/Furniture CAM may provide household goods or furniture for a family. This includes linens, dishes, and other household items. Some items are available in the Client Services Office. For other items, a client may be given a voucher to Angels’ Attic, CAM’s resale store. This enables the client to select their needed household items.
- Special Delivery CAM understands how difficult it can be for the elderly and disabled to obtain life’s necessities on a limited income. CAM offers a Special Delivery program for qualified clients. This allows the client to receive a food order once a month to stretch monies to pay necessary expenses, particularly medications.
- Operation Jobs CAM’s goal is to help the job seeker by offering direction in their job search and provide the tools needed to become a long-term, valuable employee. Learn More
- GED/ESL Classes CAM has a year round program (3 semesters) for GED/ESL. Learn More
Client Services are provided to individuals residing in zip codes 77065, 77095, 77429 and 77433.
What to bring each time you come for assistance:
- Driver’s license, birth certificate, passport or Texas ID for client
- Social Security cards for EVERYONE in the household
Proof of Residence
- Current utility bill showing client name and address
- AND current lease agreement or mortgage statement
- (No assistance will be given without proof of residency)
Please bring the following documents, if you have them:
Award letters (All pages of award letter required)
- SNAP (Food Stamps), TANF, Medicaid, Social Security, HUD/Section 8, SSI/SSD for
- ALL members of household, VA benefits. Current bank statements showing direct deposit for awards are acceptable.
Proof of financial problem causing you to seek help
- Example: medical bill, accident, loss of job, reduced hours and pay
- Documents required for assistance with rent/mortgage or utilities
- Eviction notice or past due mortgage statement
- Disconnect notice and last regular bill for overdue utilities
CAM Client Services Hours of Operation
Monday 9:30am – 5:00pm: Last appointment at 3:00, appointment required.
Tuesday 9:30am – 5:00pm: First come, first served – space is limited. Last appointment at 3:00pm. Walk-in, no appointment needed.
Wednesday 9:30am – 5:00pm: Last appointment at 3:00pm, appointment required.
Thursday 9:30am – 3:00pm: First come, first served – space is limited. Last appointment at 1:00pm. Walk-in, no appointment needed.
Friday 9:30am – 3:00pm: Last appointment at 1:00pm, appointment required.
CAM Seasonal Assistance
School Supplies and School Clothing
School supplies are distributed based on the child’s grade level. Parents will be given a voucher to Angels’ Attic resale store to select school clothes for each child. Families needing school supplies may contact CAM to make an appointment to qualify for assistance with school supplies.
A seasonal food box and turkey will be available with your food order upon request during the month of November. Call 281-955-7684 for details.
Christmas Gifts and Food
At Christmas CAM provides items for a holiday meal plus food and toiletries for the client’s family. Additionally, toys are provided for families with children. Interviews for clients seeking Christmas assistance begin early in November each year. Call for an appointment.